Re: GWindows and David Botton

From: Marius Amado Alves (amado.alves_at_netcabo.pt)
Date: 09/25/04

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:05:27 +0100
To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org

Update.

GUI libraries for Ada comparate
(C) Guys de Cla

Library Binding License OSes Install Support Remarks
AdaBindX C free B,L (b)
Claw W
Glade free (a)
GtkAda C free B,L,M,W
GWindows free
JEWL free W easy
TASH Tcl/Tk free B,W,L
Windex GMGPL W free
Win32 free W
(a) visual tool for GtkAda
(b) other features: Xlib, Xt, Xm (motif/lesstif)

Binding:
Programming language X, if the library is a binding to a library in X.

OSes:
B = BSD
L = Linux
M = MacOS
W = Windows

Install:
easy = installs out of the box
hard = requires a guru

Support:
free = dedicated volunteer structure e.g. a maillist (not CLA)
com = commercial support
no = no support (but of course CLA continues to exist)
Append "/doc" if documentation exists (free)

* Threads in comp.lang.ada *

GTK
GWindows and David Botton

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GWindows and David Botton
    ... GUI libraries for Ada comparate ... Library Binding License OSes Install Support Remarks ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: better way to build libraries..
    ... pciconf is special -- it needs this because we don't install ... we should stop pretending we support standalone upgrades -- ... libraries, this library's headers if this is a library) in the ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: better way to build libraries..
    ... pciconf is special -- it needs this because we don't install ... we should stop pretending we support standalone upgrades -- ... libraries, this library's headers if this is a library) in the ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Listing currently maintained libraries for Ada
    ... When searching for Ada libraries, it is discouraging to find mostly dead ... Debug -- Trace support for multitasking programs. ... Florist -- Ada POSIX binding. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: [ANN] FFI 0.1.1 (Foreign Function Interface) for Ruby 1.8.6/7 and 1.9
    ... libraries, binding functions within them, and calling those functions ... Here's a quick sample of binding and calling the getpid ... I'm not sure if linux-ppc support is not provided because it's not ... There's certainly one way to find out...gem install ffi. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)