Re: GWindows-1.2

Randy wrote:
I am new to ADA. I have a few books to try and learn from so I'm on my own. Nobody and nothing around where I live have anything to do with ADA.

One of the 1st things you need to learn is that Ada is a woman's name, so it is spelled "Ada". It's not an acronym, and we're not talking about the American Dental Association or the Americans with Disabilities Act.

--
Jeffrey Carter
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."

  • Re: Teaching new tricks to an old dog (C++ -->Ada)
    ... Neither the "American Dental Association" or the "American Disabilities ... Act" are really suitable computer computer languages for writing ... Ada, on the other hand is very suited to that task. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Teaching new tricks to an old dog (C++ -->Ada)
    ... Neither the "American Dental Association" or the "American Disabilities ... Act" are really suitable computer computer languages for writing ... Ada, on the other hand is very suited to that task. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Interrupts handling in ADA
    ... Is that the American Dental Association, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or ... is there a British acronym I'm not aware of? ... Ada is named for Augusta Ada King, née Byron, Countess of Lovelace, born on this ... As others have pointed out, when using a high-level language like Ada, one ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Amalgams cause hallucinations?
    ... > I'm not against there being an American Dental Association. ... > Association and open a school of dentistry that should be your right. ... And if the "ADA approved dental schools" are the only ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Interrupts handling in ADA
    ... Is that the American Dental Association, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or is there a British acronym I'm not aware of? ... Ada is named for Augusta Ada King, née Byron, Countess of Lovelace, born on this date in 1815, who wrote programs for Babbage's analytical engine and so may be the first programmer. ... As others have pointed out, when using a high-level language like Ada, one should use high-level mechanisms provided by the language, not the low-level mechanisms you'd use when using a low-level language like C or its descendants. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)