When to stop reading and start programming?

Recently I've begun a foray into the art of Region Based memory
management. Specifically with the intent of creating a working
library for Ada development. Naturally it's a good idea to look into what
others have done before me.
There are a bunch of academic papers on this. Mostly centered around ML
Kit or Prolog systems.
It's become abundantly clear that Ada provides more than enough Type
information to make this work.

However, how many academic papers should one wade through before actually
getting started on the code? Heh. Should I wait for my eyes to start
bugging out of my head?

Any tips from the more experienced among us?

Freejack
.