Re: about OpenToken

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 01:01 +0100, Lionel Draghi wrote:
> Lionel Draghi a écrit :
> > For the future, it may be interesting to compare OpenToken with similar
> > library like ANTLR (http://www.antlr.org/).
>
> Closer to OpenToken than ANTLR is Spirit (http://spirit.sourceforge.net/)..
>
> Spirit is addressing moderately complex grammars, inlined in the C++
> code, and seems to be easy to use (as far as I can undestand C++ code).

If you consider Spirit, have a look at GNAT.Spitbol.Patterns.
Plain Ada (GNAT actually), and easy to use in my view.

"The pattern language is modeled on context free grammars,
with context sensitive extensions that provide full (type 0)
computational capabilities." (g-spipat.ads)

That's actually more than Spirit can offer unless things have
changed. The notation is fairly concise, permits assignment
of matched substrings and subprogram calls while the
scanner is moving (back and forth).

-- Georg

  • Re: looking for a lexical scanner (lexer)
    ... Bison/Flex, ANTLR. ... so became familiar with Spirit. ... if I needed to write a little lexer or parser ... It can also do things that lex/yacc ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: about OpenToken
    ... Spirit is addressing moderately complex grammars, ... Lionel Draghi. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)