Re: How available is 'freely available' ?

flupp wrote:
can I use AdaCore's GtkAda as a (GPL) binding over GTK (which itself is
LGPL'd), in a compiled commercial program (supposed I don't link in any
other GPL libraries, but eventually still might link in GMGPL or LGPL
libraries) ?

Isn't GTKada under the GMGPL? A copy I looked at has the exception in the file headers.

--
Björn Persson PGP key A88682FD
omb jor ers @sv ge.

  • Re: GMGPL vs. LGPL, was: Re: ANN: Update to AdaGPGME and libgpg-error
    ... Section 6 of the LGPL has clauses that require the things that use the ... portion and continue to run. ... the trivial stuff like Macros and constants) by doing dynamic linking to ... GMGPL essentially is another way at getting to an end state similar ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: ANN: Update to AdaGPGME and libgpg-error
    ... > all of the license issues that are involved. ... GnuPG is GPL only, GPGME is LGPL as its design is not limited to GnuPG, ... I use GMGPL for most of my work that I publish. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: What am I missing without mutt?