Translating an embedded C algorithm

Hi,

I am in the process of writing a book about real-time embedded
development (hardware and software). In it there is a section on
different programming languages that are available for embedded
development. I'm using a small C function that does temperature
measurement by linear interpolation of a lookup table as an example. I
have C code to do this, and would like to have the same algorithm
implemented in other languages.

Unfortunately I'm really a C programmer, with very little experience
of other languages, so I would like to ask if anyone on this newsgroup
is interested in translating the algorithm into Ada. Of course you
would be mentioned in thanks in the book once it is finished.

If you are interested, I have placed the section of the book here:

http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Temporary/Temperature.pdf

so you can see the code and description. Please email me if you are
interested to paul (dot) hills (who is at) uk (dot) landisgyr (dot)
com.

Thanks very much
Paul Hills

  • Computer Languages
    ... the number of languages known to be spoken by the peoples of ... all the computer languages have sprung up in just 50 ... any pair of human languages. ... Almost all programming languages are built on the ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Why is OO Popular?
    ... This research allows us to understand the basics of understanding ... Another way of putting it is we can program different types of languages ... try to formalize them for programming purposes while the brain is much ... they don't like like dynamic programming languages. ...
    (comp.object)
  • googling for fun (and profit...? naah!-)
    ... python ruby perl caml java haskell lisp eiffel sml scheme ... with the programming languages as I thought of them. ... programming isn't as popular a term as I'd have thought (but still, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • PLMMS 2009: First Call for Paper
    ... The ACM SIGSAM 2009 International Workshop on Programming Languages ... for Mechanized Mathematics Systems will be co-located with TPHOLs 2009. ... Final Papers Due: July 10, ...
    (sci.math.symbolic)
  • PLMMS 2009: First Call for Paper
    ... The ACM SIGSAM 2009 International Workshop on Programming Languages ... for Mechanized Mathematics Systems will be co-located with TPHOLs 2009. ... Final Papers Due: July 10, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)