Re: Structured exception information

Maciej Sobczak <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

If there are problems during the execution of the constructor function,
the exception is raised, so that there is no X object in a bad state.
How can I pass some error information from the constructor function out,
so that it's used when the exception is handled?

There is no good way to do this in Ada. You can attach any information
you like to an exception, if you are willing to encode it as a String --
but then you lose static type checking. You can put the info in a
global variable, but that's bad for several reasons (not task safe,
can be accessed outside of any handler, ...). You can put the info in a
Task_Attribute, but that's rather a pain -- verbose and inefficient.

- Bob

  • Some BizTalk errors from the event log
    ... An SEHException exception occurred while the XLANG/s runtime enlisted a service. ... Exception type: BTXEnlistmentException ... Help Link: ... Additional error information: ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.server)
  • Exception occurred when persisting state to the database.
    ... This is the Exception I am seeign in my production environment, ... Exception occurred when persisting state to the database. ... Additional error information: ... Status -1061151998 ErrorInfo The published message could not be routed ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Simplest ATL control with IErrorInfo fails to pass error info to javascript
    ... I am trying to return error information to javascript via IErrorInfo, ... I check the exception thrown using the IE8 debugger ... e.message and e.description == "Object doesn't support this property ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: Help Install .Net web application on windows 2003
    ... current web request. ... > Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information ... can be identified using the exception stack trace below. ...
  • Re: Help Install .Net web application on windows 2003
    ... An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. ... Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available: 0x800401F9. ... Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. ...