Re: Wasteful internationalization

Markus E Leypold wrote:

Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 20:03 +0100, Markus E Leypold wrote:

Yes, 'PI' as greek letter in programs might be nice. But is h-bar
(Plack constant) somewhere in Unicode? :-)

Sure,
U+210F PLANCK CONSTANT OVER TWO PI
or '?'

So that's the same as PI (a small box). I know you can define some
physical constants as 1 by using the right units, but I'd never have
expected that you could define h-bar as PI ...

(no, no, I'm joking. But impressing that unicode even has
h-bar. Probably they also have everyone of the more "funny" operators
of theoretical physics too. Of course that does not help in writing
better physics programs, since some of the stuff need special parsing
too).

Isn't supposed unicode to have /everything/? Well, or almost. I think they
rejected to include Klingon.

Here, I found it:

http://unicode.org/alloc/rejected.html

Actually it's even a fun read:

http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n1643/n1643.htm

  • Re: Wasteful internationalization
    ... of theoretical physics too. ... Some of the symbols of Unicode have an internationally recognized ... meaning, ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Wasteful internationalization
    ... U+210F PLANCK CONSTANT OVER TWO PI ... expected that you could define h-bar as PI ... ... But impressing that unicode even has ... of theoretical physics too. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)