Re: Parallel Text Corpus Processing with Ada?
- From: braver <deliverable@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:49:25 -0800
On Nov 11, 11:23 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
But see above. What kind of processing you have?
1. Do you run one complex pattern along a long text?
2. Multiple patterns matching the same (long) text?
3. Multiple patterns matching different texts?
I do large corpora research, finding all kinds of n-grams in millions
of files. I'm primarily interested in utilizing all 8 cores of my
current Linux server to speed up things like grepping those files, so
would be curious to see Ada 2005 code doing both
-- dictionary counting of occurrences -- n-gram counting
Tasking is definitely more interesting as I see already from
Ada.Containers I can use hash maps, the questions is how to split a
corpus and unleash 8 tasks on it so they occupy their own cores.