Re: Parallel Text Corpus Processing with Ada?

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:31 +0100, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

There is wide class of problems which patterns do not solve or solve
inefficiently. Like building dictionaries finding longest common substring
etc. (Compiling Ada programs is also in this class. (:-))

OK. This valuable context information would, I think, be a nice
addition to your SNOBOL patterns comments.
In line with the SNOBOL4 motto: Don't use pattern matching...

As a general note, pattern
matching languages are declarative with all disadvantage of.

OK, but being declarative isn't true of SNOBOL4's, because you can
modify patterns during scanning, if you are crazy enough to do this. ;-)

  • Re: Parallel Text Corpus Processing with Ada?
    ... etc. (Compiling Ada programs is also in this class. ... This valuable context information would, I think, be a nice ... addition to your SNOBOL patterns comments. ... There is a class of problems where patterns are suitable. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Parallel Text Corpus Processing with Ada?
    ... setup for Ada concurrency. ... Patterns come at a high price. ... SNOBOL patterns were ... Multiple patterns matching the same text? ...
    (comp.lang.ada)