Re: Ada.Strings.Bounded

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:25:41 -0700 (PDT), Eric Hughes wrote:

On Apr 14, 2:00 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is a difference between types and their constrained subtypes in terms
of substitutability. That's why the language has Constraint_Error defined.
The contracts extended by Constraint_Error aren't violated and everything
is fine.

Sure, but again not the point. The relationship between a universal
type and an implemented type is NOT the same as that between two
implemented types.

Certainly, but I don't see why should we care about an non-implemented
type. Well, an application dealing with mathematical objects might be
interesting in modeling N, but it is not the language concern. The same way
as Ada does not care about types of organic molecules...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

  • Re: FpgaC developers wanted :)
    ... in many languages this requires a first assignment ... to the state of "don't care" that may or may not be overridden. ... doesn't have an explict implicant, ... there is no support in the language for this. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: OS Threads behavior
    ... > might run at higher priorities than your threads. ... >>I care about it, since I need it, "This answer is so famelies in Microsoft ... >> heavy tools in this language, the language does not support Hardware ... it's the OS the one who decide which thread to execute. ...
  • Re: a relational database done in forth would r0ck
    ... Forth group implemented a smart card with an embedded web server in Forth - ... you stated they changed language and added people; you stated nothing about the similarity taken in the approach. ... Most of the strategies commonly associated with Forth programmers are part of modern software development practice. ... Those who care more about results don't care about historical timelines-- they just follow these strategies and get the same results regardless of language. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Code Review - is this code shit
    ... Some programmers care, and others don't. ... like you made yet another unjustified accusation. ... There are excellet introductory texts to the language availabe. ... Richard Heathfield ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: An assessment of the Unicode standard
    ... I DON"T CARE WHAT LANGUAGE ... You don't care, ... no thanks i need not resort to adolescent rants to argue my points. ... python programmer who cares about Python and my posts bring much vigor ...
    (comp.lang.python)