Re: Ada.Strings.Bounded

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:25:41 -0700 (PDT), Eric Hughes wrote:

On Apr 14, 2:00 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is a difference between types and their constrained subtypes in terms
of substitutability. That's why the language has Constraint_Error defined.
The contracts extended by Constraint_Error aren't violated and everything
is fine.

Sure, but again not the point. The relationship between a universal
type and an implemented type is NOT the same as that between two
implemented types.

Certainly, but I don't see why should we care about an non-implemented
type. Well, an application dealing with mathematical objects might be
interesting in modeling N, but it is not the language concern. The same way
as Ada does not care about types of organic molecules...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov