Re: The Lib debate

From: Octavio (933191278_at_terra.es)
Date: 02/08/04

Date: 8 Feb 2004 01:18:49 -0800

Betov <betov@free.fr> wrote in message news:<XnF948887387D7A0betovfreefr@212.27.42.66>...
> As JohnFound says, "using only source-level libraries" is the
> evident way to go for Assembly. This is the way i went for RosAsm
The inconvenience is that source-level libraries must be writen in the
same language, so you canīt use a Fasm library in Rosasm, while binary
libraries are more portables.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Lib debate
    ... This is the way i went for RosAsm ... > The inconvenience is that source-level libraries must be writen in the ... > libraries are more portables. ... And, in any case, for Assembly Programmers ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Significant Pure Assembler Application In MASM ?
    ... When I was thinking of a literal "port" of RosAsm for LuxAsm, I was quite daunted by this!!! ... I was seeing a lot of APIs that, I'm not sure what they do, but I don't think there's a Linux equivalent. ... I was contemplating *avoiding* libraries for LuxAsm, ... If GTK is a "replacement od the Win Api", ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: RosAsm is a broken pile of crap
    ... RosAsm can do with "cut & paste" can be done by every other assembler, ... All he is doing by not supporting statically linked libraries is ... *had* the source code to the library so you could add the comments, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Stack frames
    ... in order to save from no end Compilation ... Fast assemblers (RosAsm included) work great ... libraries, as it is practically impossible to do a large ... the only assembler anyone is trying to push as a serious ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Between Assemblers
    ... or conditional compiles it is already dead in the water and with the ... For multiple sources, it is a matter of needs....I personally prefer to ... No, I haven't looked at RosAsm in about a year or so, if you have finally implemented conditional assembly that is a good thing and a hopeful sign. ... For example the ZLIB library is critical to many of my applications and there are some C libraries that are very useful as well. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)