Re: A Symbol Table Benchmark

From: The Wannabee (faq_at_.@.@szmyggenpv.com)
Date: 07/07/04


Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:36:06 -0700

På 6 Jul 2004 20:34:57 -0700, skrev Percival <pr_tiglao@yahoo.com>:

> Betov <betov@free.fr> wrote in message
> news:<XnF951EB6BA27136betovfreefr@212.27.42.71>...
>> pr_tiglao@yahoo.com (Percival) écrivait
>> news:40c958f8.0407060656.7b9f30f5@posting.google.com:
>>
>> > Betov <betov@free.fr> wrote in message
>> > news:<XnF951E698DBE0ADbetovfreefr@212.27.42.71>...
>> >
>> >> You simply miss these points:
>> >>
>> >> * Who is doing the test.
>> >> * What is the final intention of the one doing the test.
>> >> * What is the competency level of the one doing the test.
>> >
>> > The only one of consern to me is whats the final intention of the
>> > test. Historys of people do not matter, what is now is now.
>>
>> If you have read B_U_Asm, point 1) is fully explained
>> in "The Randall Hyde Case".
>
> I have read B_U_Asm, and actually i should ask, what was YOUR
> intention writting it? It seems like a huge part of it is dedicated to
> insulting Randall and Hutch. Even then, i do not understand your
> viewpoints. Here is a snip from BU_ASM
> "Politically,Randall Hyde is a typical American Right-Wing Christian
> Conservative (For the ones who do not know, he is to the right of
> Georges Bush, *** *********** ***** *********, the American majors,
> and so on...). This is to say that this man can not perceive anything
> but in terms of competition, and that his competition cannot have any
> other final target but his personal glorification. What follows cannot
> be understood without considering and understanding the above stated
> facts..."
>
> A political statement about Randall Hyde does not discredit him. I
> consider Hitler to be one of the more genious people who have existed,
> while we all can agree that he is at the same time, the most evil. No
> matter who the person is, they still have a good amount of
> intelligence. Or do you wish to turn people against him?
>
> "Facing this situation, he authored a dirty HLL Pre-Parser, with a
> terrific Syntax somewhere between an old fashion Pascal and Assembler,
> able to output Sources Files for the various Assemblers. (Of course he
> could not do it for SpAsm, because of various technical problems he
> would have had to face, SpAsm being anything but a simple
> Command-Line-Tool Assembler). Needless to say, his nasty hack against
> Assembly was first written in VHLL (Flex and Bison), the quick and
> dirty way.
>
> Then he called this pure horror 'The High Level Assembler' (HLA) and,
> dancing on his past fame, he made a great noise about this great
> novelty. "
>
> Again, another snip from B_U_Asm. You are critisizing Randall for not
> choosing your assembler as an output, and at the same time critisizing
> him for making it in a language far away from assembler (a VHLL). I do
> not see what is wrong with using Flex/Bison to write a compiler, that
> is why they were made ya know?
>
> "Finally, he succeeded to find a Publisher willing to sell his AoA32
> Book, dedicated to HLA, and he introduced this, as an opportunity
> particularly adapted to beginners. Given the fact that this man is not
> only talented at writing tons of Pdf, but also very talented at
> selling himself, his attempt will temporary succeed to dry out and
> deter the already very small number of newcomers (beginners) available
> for each of the various serious Assemblers Projects."
>
> Or, it could be that he wants to attract more people to use assembly?
> If someone builds a better assembler, people will use it. It seems as
> if you are blaming him for not having any newbies on your assembler
> (or did i read this wrong?). Either that, or you are blaming him for
> making a succesful product that appeals to beginners that want to
> learn assembly?
> Finally, he can't sell whats in the "public domain". Its in the
> "public domain" so no one can sell it.
>
> I can go on and on, but another point is why doesn't Randall have
> anything on his webpage that critizises you? I never heard of you till
> i came to this NG.
>
>> For point 2) his intention is of proving, at any
>> logical cost, that MASM is faster than RosAsm.
>
> Give me a logical reason please. MASM wasn't made by Randall and he
> gains nothing in trying to prove it is better than RosAsm. People are
> not that stupid.
>
>> For Point 3) the competency of Master Pdf, in Asm
>> is equel to zero.
>
> Again, i cannot agree on this, I am new and cannot make assumptions
> one man has given to me.
>
> [snip]
>
>> > Honest intention or not, I cannot see a point where he could
>> > have lied in this test. I was hoping you would point one out.
>>
>> This is where he is an expert: You "cannot see a point
>> where he could have lied". :))
>
> Well, if there is a point where he lied, i would be glad if you point
> it out.
>
> [snip]
>> > But i haven't seen where Masm is
>> > "fast" in any test. Hopefully you could pull an article or post
>> > where there is an example of this.
>>
>> Go and see at MASM Board, in the [Colloseum]
>> Folder. I cannot promiss you that you will
>> find out the 'good' Posts, because, at that
>> Neo-Nazi Board, they are used to delete all
>> older posts that could show what they are.
>
> Just a slight off topic comment,
> Why do you refer to everything related to Randall in some way in an
> insulting tone? Randall always refers to you as Rene or Betov, while
> you have several psudonymns for him, ranging from "Master PDF" to
> "Self Esteemed" to "Neo-Nazi" board.
>
> Anyway, it is understood that in boards, posts are edited and deleted
> to protect the integrity of the board. It isn't "free speech", its
> "This is my property, my rules", and if anything, that is as far from
> Facism as possible
> Nazis don't believe in property :)
> [snip]
>
>> > Example please? I know i sound like an idiot or someone
>> > against you by saying this again and again. But i haven't
>> > seen any evidence myself of actions similar to this.
>>
>> Same answer as above. Not my fault if you are
>> a new comer, who can not know of any older event,
>> and i have some other little things to do (like
>> writing RosAsm...), than searching documentation
>> for you.
>
> Understood. But it is traditional to support your statements.
>
>> >
>> > Why doesn't the list compile?
>>
>> Because RosAsm is not a Tool for compiling labels
>> Lists.
>
> How will i compile my hundreds of labels long equates that represent
> the system calls, structures and etc when i interface it with C ?
>
>> >> As explain in my other posts, i cannot, an will not,
>> >> explain why RosAsm refuses to compile a no end Labels
>> >> List. If you take his damned list and replace all
>> >> ':' by ': mov eax ebx', it will compile OK. This is
>> >> NOT a problem with the Symbols capacity.
>> >
>> > Why? I mean, you won't explain, nor can i read RosAsm well.
>>
>> Because.
>
> As said, you refuse to explain.
>
>> > The only evidence i have is Randy's evidence.
>>
>> If so, you'd better go at Webster, to download HLA,
>> to live happy with it if you can, and to give me a
>> breath. You seem to be a fashioned victim for Master
>> Pdf propaganda system. :)
>
> Please enlighten me on this "propaganda" system i have been hooked on
> to. I'd like to see stuff from your perspective, but you are quite
> vauge and i am new. If you mean that he is "attacking the market" as
> you said by targetting beginners, i fail to see any other assembler
> that would APPEAL to beginners. Lack of competition does not equal
> attacking the market.
>
> Anyway, the point i was trying to say was, if you wish to convince me,
> HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!! I am new, i don't know much. I am asking for
> your point of view so i can have a fair evaluation. As said earlier, i
> only have Randall's point of view, and your "because" and refusing to
> allow RosAsm to compile a list isn't helping.
>
> [snip]
>
>> > Didn't mean for you to try and port it to Linux. I didn't
>> > mean it like that. However, Given the fact that i have
>> > never even HEARD of ReactOS before now, while at the
>> > same time there are tests showing that the *Nix crowd
>> > is slowly chipping away from MS windows, i have to say
>> > Linux is more successful than ReactOS.
>> > Example?
>> > IBM is hosting linux commercials. I'd say linux is doing well.
>> >
>> > ReactOS sounds like a good idea, but when i actually
>> > see it rise above and beyond Linux, then i will look into it.
>> >
>> > People said Ada would take over C at one point. I don't belive
>> > in looking into the future anymore.
>>
>> May be there are some old retired carpenters who
>> are younger than you are, in their minds:
>>
>> _I_ work for future.
>>
>> Will this future exist or not? This is not _that_
>> important to me. What is important to me is that
>> i am doing what i have to do, and doing it my
>> best so that some interresting future could exist,
>> and as long as i am able to contribute.
>
> Point taken. Still don't see how you think Linux is failing though.
>
> Percival

NAS



Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question regarding "HLA" and its validity.
    ... So far, everything Rene has said about Randall, has checked out. ... Note that Randy hasnt even invalidated ONE of the arguments I have voiced ... When hetalks about RosAsm, you make many ... and full source of the assembler is included. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: RosAsm disassembler output vs. IDA Pro
    ... >>designed for beginners. ... >>questions at RosAsm Board, as long as i have no time free ... HAW has no place describing what beginners need when learning ... position to judge whether an assembler is truly "capable" or not. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: HLA malloc problem
    ... "malloc" isn't a mnemonic, of course, it's a call to a library routine. ... on the other hand, the beginners using it, encount problems, and ask ... that would never exist with a traditional Assembler. ... Quite "frankely":), I am not used to push RosAsm in front of HLA, ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: RosAsm disassembler output vs. IDA Pro
    ... "Randall Hyde" écrivait ... Want the list of RosAsm features that are missing in HLA? ... > capable assembler provides no confidence whatsoever in the assertion. ... Tool for beginners. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: TMA Assembler?
    ... proposing contributions, in RosAsm Assembly, for RosAsm itself, ... First of all, you may get beginners to RosAsm, but they're rarely ... have no materials suitable for learning assembly language via RosAsm, ... (having learned it with a different assembler) ...
    (alt.lang.asm)