Re: Warning on copies of Iczelion's tutorials

"randyhyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <randyhyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait

> Hutch, I'm afraid, is spreading a little FUD here.

Wasn't it evident for everybody?

> In this
> particular case, he sounds just like Rene claiming that certain
> products are "not actual assemblers" as a way of boosting his own
> product.

No, ass-hole. The significative actual Assemblers are
NASM, FASM, for the Multi-Purpose ones, and RosAsm and
GoAsm for the PE Specific ones.

TASM is dead since years. MASM is virtually dead, as,
now on, it could never more compete with any of the
actual Assembler, on any point.

With "actual", i mean, of course _actual_, but, also,
"conforming to the actual Syntax Basics", what MASM
certainaly does not do, and will never do.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

  • Re: HLA and embedded controllers
    ... which is stronger than MASM's recusive macros. ... overloading allows you to overload instructions, impossible in MASM. ... MASM has those string functions I've mentioned and I've been able to ... HLL-like statements the two assemblers support. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Linker versus assembler
    ... FASM blows away RosAsm in every test I've run. ... MASM (which you also don't ... TASM "aren't actual assemblers" all you want, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: HLA History
    ... > meaning of the brackets in the Intel Syntax. ... The part (of Masm syntax) that puzzles me is ... reasons you explained nicely a while back. ... > source code for other assemblers. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Does anyone want to raise a licence issue ?
    ... The last time I paid for MASM, ... It terms of *current* books, NASM is probably ... In any case, even if Microsoft *had* started giving MASM away first, ... carrying assemblers back then. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Will Betov continue to try and attack Microsoft ?
    ... more and more people are registering at the MASM ... More and more people are learing MASM. ... the documentation available for other assemblers. ... What "crusade against the GPL" are you talking about? ...
    (alt.lang.asm)