FASM Assembler project

At the risk of being a pest, the post I have just made
to the FASM forum I have decided to send here as well :)

Hi all,

Essentially am wanting to get enough skill to write an
assembler version of this VC++ project.

http://www.boondog.com/%5Ctutorials%5CtripodBinarize%5CtripodBinarize.html

This enables someone with a knowledge of C to use a VC++
shell to write C code routines to process webcam images.

When I came across FASMCam, a FASM program example written
by Marcus Araujo, I thought maybe it would be feasible to
do something similar. That is, have a windows assembler
shell (instead of a VC++ shell) in which someone with basic
assembler skills, but perhaps limited Windows skills, could
insert their own assembler routines to process images?

http://flatassembler.net/examples.php

Although I have used the VC++ TRIPOD shell, the problem is, it
uses the LogiTech SDK which is slow. Whereas FASMCam seemed
to be much faster and I presume assembler processing routines
would be much faster? The FASM source code also seemed a lot
simpler?

As I have had some experience in assembler DOS I wondered if
I could get enough know how to write a dialog based shell?

The program appears simple enough to me as we are not talking
some heavy duty ray tracing game engine here?

At the moment I am working my way through Iczelion's Win32
assembler tutorials which are very heavy going compared with
"teach yourself Visual C++ 5 in 21 days" that I used to get
some idea of VC++ to use the above TRIPOD.

It seems to me a good little beginner project. The trick
being to only cover what is relevant to that project
otherwise if you try to learn too much at once it can get
a bit overwhelming and dampen (extinguish) the motivation
as can a project that is boring such as the Java calculator
project I had to wade through while learning Java.

Regards,

John Casey

  • Re: Numeric output
    ... "flat assembler" if this is the same as FASM (as it's strictly a 32-bit ... of the BIOS/DOS routines so you can call routines like "putc" or "puti" ... so displaying it as decimal isn't going to ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: FASM Assembler project
    ... That is, have a windows assembler ... > shell in which someone with basic ... routines within that VC++ shell just as easily as you can C routines. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • FASM Assembler project
    ... assembler version of this VC++ project. ... shell to write C code routines to process webcam images. ... When I came across FASMCam, ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: HLA v1.90 is now available on Webster
    ... FASM is a good Assembler written by a guy called Thomasz Gritszar. ... FASM's code easier to read than the RosAsm source code, ... HLA is an absurd HLL Pre-Parser ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • [request] obscure shell concept
    ... crossover assembler hell project, asmsh. ... generous convenience features. ... Such a shell is hardly a practical ... - The ability to load libraries on the fly in the interactive mode, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)