Re: Polling loop good here???

"Frank Kotler" <fbkotler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any ideas how I might sync to bit 3 of port 0x3DA, the video card's
> vertical sync signal?

Under a single-tasking "OS" without protection (read: DOS), I would
poll - afaik there's too many video cards that don't support the
refresh IRQ, and the polling did work pretty well back then.

These days, I would use what my graphics API offers me, whether that
be DirectX, OpenGL, or one of the lower-level libraries. Timers are
pretty much out of the question.

It would probably be worth looking into how some of the existing
libraries do it; http://www.libsdl.org/index.php comes to mind.

  • Re: OT _ How Obama got elected
    ... John Ziegler was interested in seeing what roll the media played in the election so he did some interviews of voters coming out of the polling places. ... Knowing the interviews weren't a scientific poll he contracted with the Zogby organization to conduct a real poll asking the same questions. ... The results were released yesterday and they paralleled the video results. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: OT _ How Obama got elected
    ... John Ziegler was ... real poll asking the same questions. ... yesterday and they paralleled the video results. ... at both Ziegler and Zogby. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • OT _ How Obama got elected
    ... John Ziegler was interested in seeing what roll the media played in the election so he did some interviews of voters coming out of the polling places. ... Knowing the interviews weren't a scientific poll he contracted with the Zogby organization to conduct a real poll asking the same questions. ... The results were released yesterday and they paralleled the video results. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: OT: The real defense spending cuts
    ... "The country is doomed. ... The doctor mentioned in this video might be right. ... a properly conducted poll indicates that "Americans have grown more ... The methodology of the poll is clearly explained. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Great Solidworks Tutorials
    ... with Solid Professor unless someone else knows of another video ... even the basic concepts to do so IMHO. ... AFAIK He never actually *buys* anything either (though one ... And I liked Roger Rabbit too. ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)