Re: Expansion of HLA Adventure

//
Here is a citation from our prefered ass-hole:
4.3 WHEN TO USE ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE
-//

Yes, this is the exact same thing I remember reading everywhere. *I*
would have swallowed most of this list 2 years ago. I had to see for
myself. Had to use asm for a while to understand how deeply wrong some
of this list is. This is in fact the words of someone who have only a
very poor aquaintance with asm. It is in fact in the everyday code,
that asm really makes things a whole lot different. Implementing hard
stuff can still be hard, and when trying to do stupid things, asm is
still slow.

Actually something that occurs to me now and then, and espesially when
trying to write documentation, is that the more one knows of a subject,
the less one wants to say about it. Is this just me or anyone else felt
that?

  • Re: hmmm working with asm
    ... > Me as a pascal/delphi programmer was wondering how you asm programmers ... > I would be kinda surprised if asm programmers could read asm on the fly ... "Reading" code is all about finding ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Is C good enough - or can the world survive w/o OOP
    ... If you equate C with asm in your head you're doing C wrong. ... a compiler warning about errors before they happen. ... The connection is easily understood by reading the code. ... In any decent API this is also accomplished with proper function ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: overhead of C varargs
    ... (I do not understand ASM so reading the compiler output tells me nothing ... / I am not a professional programmer) ...
    (comp.programming)
  • overhead of C varargs
    ... How large is the overhead of C varargs functions compared to "ordinary" functions on a modern x86? ... (I do not understand ASM so reading the compiler output tells me nothing / I am not a professional programmer) ...
    (comp.programming)