Re: Why there are so many assemblers.

"randyhyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <randyhyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait
news:1133224245.387657.54490@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Frank Kotler wrote:
>>
>> From the Nasm manual...
>>
>> http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/nasmdoc1.html#section-1.1
>>
>> "Its syntax is designed to be simple and easy to understand, similar
>> Intel's but less complex."
>>
>> You don't have to make stuff up about what Nasm is "claiming"...
>>

> And who says the manual is correct?
> It also says:
>
> "MASM isn't very good, and it's expensive, and it runs only under DOS.
> "
>
> Which is fundamentally wrong on all accounts :-)

No ass-hole: It is right:

* MASM is really awfully bad. No possible contest.

* It is very expensive in matter of ethic.

* Under Windows, it does not run: It walks painfully

* Under Linux, or any other OS, it is illegal.

:))

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

  • Re: AT&T or Intel syntax ?
    ... I think that's okay with Intel, *not* okay with Nasm. ... difference in syntax, even between "like Intel syntax, but simpler" assemblers like Fasm and Nasm. ... goes a long way towards getting Nasm to assemble Masm code - especially if the Masm code *uses* the optional square brackets, which quite a lot of it does. ... Do you think ASM86 will assemble it? ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Betovs crappy notation
    ... >> free from MASM Syntax MAJOR errors. ... > NASM syntax is a standard of its own that you don't even come close to ... I agree that Rene's syntax is highly dubious in claiming "Intel ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Significant Pure Assembler Application In MASM ?
    ... And if you're going to talk about what happens *inside* HLA, ... don't forget that HLA also produces MASM code and MASM ... "NASM grew out of a discussion on comp.lang.asm.x86 a year or two ago." ... "...that the syntax I've chosen for fasm, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Significant Pure Assembler Application In MASM ?
    ... And if you're going to talk about what happens *inside* HLA, ... don't forget that HLA also produces MASM code and MASM ... "NASM grew out of a discussion on comp.lang.asm.x86 a year or two ago." ... "...that the syntax I've chosen for fasm, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Significant Pure Assembler Application In MASM ?
    ... it's the syntax that Intel defined. ... HLA which, according to recent posts, uses FASM whose syntax is derived ... don't forget that HLA also produces MASM code and MASM ... derived from NASM -- is not true at all. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)