Re: Linux / Windows GUI application with assembly

Herbert Kleebauer wrote:
KiLVaiDeN wrote:

way of doing it; Using a 3rd party library is different than using the
base windowing system, as it's possible under Win32. When we'll be able
to use Xlib from Assembly, we'd have made a great advance in Assembly
programming under Linux for GUI applications; Not yet. So Rene was
right, once again, about his assumption.

Xlib also is nothing but a "3rd party library". But you can directly
connect to the Xserver without using Xlib. A few weeks ago Linux
assembly code was posted here to open a Window. Now you can be the pioneer
and find out the rest (output text and graphics, get mouse and keyboard events).

here is the X11 protocol documentation:

http://www.xfree86.org/current/specindex.html

see the core protocol.
.