PowerPC and PS3 (Cell) assembly language coding

If anyone is interested, I just finished doing a series on PPC assembly language under Linux, and am currently doing one on the Cell processor's SPU assembly language (future articles are planned in the series, but I've finished all of the assembly-language related ones).

Linux and POWER assembly language:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-powasm1.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-powasm2.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-powasm3.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-powasm4.html

PS3/Cell Assembly Language:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-linuxps3-1/ (this one is not assembly-related, but is a good introduction to the system)
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-linuxps3-2/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-linuxps3-3/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-linuxps3-4/

Jon
---
Learn to program using x86 assembly language under Linux:
http://www.cafepress.com/bartlettpublish.8640017

  • Re: Programming PowerPC on Mac
    ... The documentation about how to program Windows with assembly language was, ... Linux and X and such with LuxAsm...because, over on Linux, it's the same ... There's nothing "official" only what ordinary developers (like ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: The source code of *BSD contains the comment =?UTF-8?B?4oCY?= =?UTF-8?B?RG9lcw==?= this
    ... Linux source code.“You know what I found? ... I didn't notice he's the one who started that Stallman thread. ... *Complete online course in assembly language of Randall Hyde's is really ... *There is user group FreeBSD discussing matters that lead nowhere? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • learning assembly with very basic computer knowledge
    ... I have started learning assembly. ... I believe a quick look at assembly language ... -and "Programming from the ground up" from J. Bartlett. ... I have linux and xp and i run both from time to time. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Book recommendation
    ... Jeff Duntemann's "Assembly Language Step by Step" uses Nasm syntax. ... A third edition is in the works - looks like it will have more Linux in it. ... Jeff Owens has got the most asm-friendly documentation of the sys_calls I've ever seen. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Whats the best 32 Bit Assembly language Tutorial series
    ... > down to the last detail of 32 Bit assembly language. ... > I don't want windows specific assembly I would like ... > basic 32 Bit Assembly language programming series (flat memory addressing ... Gas under Linux, you can find a copy here: ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)