Re: Rene can't handle AoA's Success

"robertwessel2@xxxxxxxxx" <robertwessel2@xxxxxxxxx> écrivait
news:1182284075.088033.327200@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

If you look at the "Intel© 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software
Developer's Manual, Volume 3A: System Programming Guide"

http://www.intel.com/design/processor/manuals/253668.pdf

Sections 9.10.1 and 9.10.2 shows the Intel sample processor startup
code, still coded in (Intel) ASM386.

Intel has basically abandoned their old x86 assembler, and recommend
MASM, NASM or GAS depending on the environment. They do supply an IPF
assembler.

MASM mostly copied that.

Ah! Many thanks. I had never seen this. It seems, indeed,
to be an ancestor of MASM, with the same terrific defects.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

  • Re: New official release of RosAsm
    ... Original Intel worked this way, MASM since 1981 worked this way, TASM ... worked this way and various inline assemblers work this way, ... to handle shorthand notation as well and that is where the real ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: i86, AT&T syntax, GNU as
    ... to/from Intel (or rather MASM or TASM-like) from/to GNU syntax? ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Rene cant handle AoAs Success
    ... I was wrong when saying that "Intel Syntax do not exist". ... I was wrong when saying that MASM was not "Intel Syntax". ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Why there are so many assemblers.
    ... > My memory of those golden days of yore seems to be a bit different than ... Might you, perchance, have a link to the appropriate Intel document? ... And AFAIK, MASM ... could take most generic ASM86 programs and recompile them with MASM. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)