Re: Help...

randyhyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Jul 30, 10:12 am, Betov <be...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
"rh...@xxxxxxxxxx" <rh...@xxxxxxxxxx>
écrivaitnews:1185812439.730796.221000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

And I'm still waiting for a definition from you that doesn't
invalidate MASM -- which just about everyone on this planet accepts as
being an assembler

Yes, clown. Most people call MASM an "Assembler", because it has
become common usage to call it so, but, you understand it or not,
MASM is NOT an Assembler, as long as it breaks the holly 1:1
correspondance, by not outputing what the programmer writes.

There is no "holly" [ ... ]

There is an 'Holly' though.

  • Re: HLA v1.93 is now available
    ... MASM does branch displacement optimization. ... would anyone want to use an assembler that forces *them* to do this ... NASM as a back-end to HLA? ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Kind of new: function implementation questions, MASM
    ... Learning how to use the Microsoft Assembler ... I browse the Intel Pentium processor ... Within the masm archive folder, ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: The Randall Hyde lies go on
    ... > Sad commentary on an assembler that it has to have an equates list ... > RosAsm is the product that is famous for putting limits on things. ... > MASM look bad when, in fact, you are saying absolutely nothing. ... > RosAsm's syntax isn't exactly consistent. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Rocket Science
    ... >> Also, logically, if MASM is the underlying assembler being used by ... then MASM must always be being run in addition to HLA so ... the MASM or FASM or whatever underlying assembler's speed into its own ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: What is this code doing?
    ... > Implying that MASM is an abomination? ... Unless you're thinking that HLA ... MASM's macro facilities way back in 1996 when I was driven ... in the high-level assembler arena. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)