Re: Betov`s petty war again...?
- From: Haos <caemyr@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:47:24 -0000
Just a few points to clarify:
1. Please do not point out misspellings. After being awake for more
than 30h, strange things do happen with me;
2. In my first post I was referring to http://www.asmcommunity.net/projects/nasm32/
as a target of Betov`s attack. I`m not into definitions here.
3. Regarding thread locking: yes, several threads opened or invaded by
Betov in our (ROS) forum were locked, usually due to massive
concentration of libel, unproven accusations, flame etc. On the other
hand, he was never banned or in any way blocked from our media (forum,
maillist, irc chan), as a sign of good will and a glimpse hope that
maybe in the future he will change his attitude. Up to this day, all
he could muster, was calling ROS devs liars and thieves.
4. We will still keep our open policy towards the audit and code
control and welcome any opinions on our code that one would like to
state. For example, a part of ROS code that Betov is publicly naming
as "stolen" by us, is openly used by SanOS (this is where we acquired
this code) and SDL. Although we still are certain nothing is wrong
with it, we did contact those projects to discuss possible actions to
take. Just for the peace of mind.
On the other hand, we will allow being called "thieves", even when the
offender has visible mental issues and no grip with reality.
For the last time, if anyone has any doubts or question concerning
legality or quality of our code, he/she can contact us directly and we
will gladly respond to any questions. Or at least those civilized ones.