Re: x86 instructions guide

"aku ankka" wrote:

If this info pages just really contain Hw-info then you might
fell as foolished ....
But if this pages contain what I need and search since long,
then I would be able to write my own "drivers" for KESYS.

It's part of a larger deal; AMD is releasing their Linux display
drivers under open source. I am missing something: what else does
driver author need than hardware specification? Tutorial how to do
specific things? If the hardware is well documented, that should be
enough (even if not conveniently so).

Right, a brief decription of the hardware will be enough anyway.
But I would need to study Linux in deep detail to correct interprete
this open source drivers.

Ok I'll look at the AMD-site if the latest released docs differ from
what I saw so far.

__
wolfgang

  • [bug] __nf_ct_refresh_acct(): WARNING: at lib/list_debug.c:30 __list_add+0x7d/0xad()
    ... Hardware name: System Product Name ... Call Trace: ... # DCCP Kernel Hacking ... # CAN Device Drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Display Properties
    ... My next suggestion would be to visit your hardware manufacturers web page ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ... You have a video card that allows you to see on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Regression in linux 2.6.37: failure on remount / (ext4) rw (was: Re: Regression in linux 2.6.37:
    ... I assume some "hardware state" influeces triggering of this bug ... anything unless you actually access the affected sysfs files. ... # Infrared-port device drivers ... # Dongle support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: lockups and crashes
    ... - See Tip in the list of system maintenance tips I am including at ... - Updated your hardware drivers to the latest versions direct from the ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
  • Re: got very slow
    ... - Uninstalled unknown/unneeded applications in Add/Remove Programs? ... What hardware do you have? ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)