Re: "HAY" Wannabee, what time is it?

On Sep 17, 6:55 pm, Scott Waters <jas...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've noticed that my clock gets changed when switching between Windows
and Linux. Set it correct in one environment -- it becomes "wrong" in
the other. Has anyone discovered a cure?

With the time working correctly in Windows,

In Linux, I did these for Date/Time Properties...

Network_Time_Protocol Tab: Check Enable NTP
Network_Time_Protocol Tab: Uncheck Synchronize System Clock
Network_Time_Protocol Tab: Check Use Local Time Source

Time_Zone Tab: Uncheck "System Clock Uses UTC"

Worked for me, might not for you.

Okay, thank you for the effort. Ubuntu doesn't give me such GUI
options (though I had to download 3 packages for NTP support). There
are other packages in the list which "might" give me the above, but I
think I will try the command line to see what I can accomplish from
*that* side. At least now I have an "angle of attack" to solve this
issue.

Nathan.

  • Re: "HAY" Wannabee, what time is it?
    ... I did these for Date/Time Properties... ... Network_Time_Protocol Tab: Check Enable NTP ... Network_Time_Protocol Tab: Uncheck Synchronize System Clock ... options (though I had to download 3 packages for NTP support). ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: DTS 2000: Transform Data Task design freezing
    ... I've got a bit of a problem doing some changes to existing packages on ... When I do a small change; say, changing the path of the error log for ... a transformation task and click ok. ... 'Define Columns' on the 'Destination' tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Outlook Form Shortcut
    ... What do you see on the Value tab for Choose Field and Property to Use? ... >>> If I go into the properties of the Date/Time Picker ... appointment form may ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring)
  • DTS 2000: Transform Data Task design freezing
    ... I've got a bit of a problem doing some changes to existing packages on ... a transformation task and click ok. ... 'Define Columns' on the 'Destination' tab. ... Does anyone know how I can fix this? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Debian 5.0, KDE: getting konqueror to open links from kmail in the background (a
    ... konqueror tab. ... konqueror to the foreground. ... your distro unless that is likely to chivvy them into updating your packages. ... but if you feel strongly about this you should raise a bug report. ...
    (KDE)