Re: How useful can a 'coredump' be?

On Mar 18, 11:00 pm, Chuck Crayne <ccra...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:34:17 -0700 (PDT)

Evenbit <nbaker2...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
DW_AT_language : 32769 (MIPS assembler)
---

Is that last line correct???

It's the only assembler choice defined in dwarf.h, and therefore the
only assembler choice which is recognized by the ELF utilities. Perhaps
we can lobby for our very own language number, but in the meantime, at
least the utilities recognize that it is not some HLL or the other.

Given the nature of the *nix world to be blind to anything below C, I
suspect any lobbying would likely fall on deaf ears... but I guess it
wouldn't hurt to try...

"They killed Kenny!"

I suppose 32768 is already taken? { SYS 32768 was reboot on the
C=64 }

Well, I think we deserve a pair of 45067s since they _assumed_ that
x86 assembly to be dead.

Nathan.
.