Re: protected mode: loading the idt
- From: Andi Drebes <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:27:43 +0000 (UTC)
look and see wrote:
> "The limit value is expressed in bytes and is added to the base address to
> get the address of the last valid byte. A limit value of 0 results in
> exactly 1 valid byte. Because IDT entries are always eight bytes long, the
> limit should always be one less than an integral multiple of eight (that
> is, 8N - 1)."
OK. I fixed my sources. There was another thing that i forgot to do:
initializing the PIC. Now the computer doesn't reboot anymore, but my ISRs
don't get called.
- Prev by Date: French Nerwbie I need Help
- Next by Date: Function call from inside assembler
- Previous by thread: Re: protected mode: loading the idt
- Next by thread: number of days between two dates