Re: if ax eq 0

Bob Masta wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 06:11:26 -0700, Andy <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 9, 10:09 am, xyoavx <spamt...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
I don't understand why the following directives do not display an
error (using tasm version 2.02):
if ax eq 0
%out yes
endif
if instead of 0 i'll write 1, the following error will be displayed:
illegal use of register.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
xyoavx
I use tasm but have never seen that format.
What do you wish to do ?

Maybe this would work.

cmp ax,0
jz is_zero
jmp short next

is_zero:

next:

Note that TEST AX,AX can do the same as CMP AX,0
in less space.

or OR.

  • Re: if ax eq 0
    ... I don't understand why the following directives do not display an ... I use tasm but have never seen that format. ... Note that TEST AX,AX can do the same as CMP AX,0 ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: if ax eq 0
    ... I don't understand why the following directives do not display an ... I use tasm but have never seen that format. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: if ax eq 0
    ... I don't understand why the following directives do not display an ... illegal use of register. ... Probably because TASM substitutes the bit encoding of the register (AX= ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • if ax eq 0
    ... I don't understand why the following directives do not display an ... error (using tasm version 2.02): ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Detailed Stack Information Patch [1/3]
    ... The 1/3 patch, the whole "display where the stack is" thing is ...
    (Linux-Kernel)