Re: DOS Debuggers

"Jacky" <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:46a77885$1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I don't want to install Softice/Windbg because this will affect my Windows
system.
So are there any good DOS debuggers that I can find on the net, better for
free? :)

Ladsoft was mentioned. There is a debugger called Qualitas 386SWAT (DPMIONE
DOS extender). Japheth (HX DOS extender) also has also written debuggers.
If you search for both GRDB and 386SWAT, Yahoo and Google pull up pages with
links to a number of other debuggers.

386SWAT, DPMIONE DOS extender, QLINK, SMBIOSD/W, etc.
http://www.sudleyplace.com/download.htm

Japheth's HX DOS extender, debxxf debugger, JEMM, HDEDIT, etc.
http://www.japheth.de/

Rod Pemberton

  • Re: Evolution
    ... > Its states with 100% clearity that they are System level debuggers. ... >> use hardware breakpoints by using the processor debug registers ... assembly language programming, ... You don't have to switch back to DOS in order to use a debugger ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: DOS Debuggers
    ... So are there any good DOS debuggers that I can find on the net, ... Japheth (HX DOS extender) also has also ... For 32-bit DPMI DOS apps, again WD from Open Watcom and gdb/rhgdb from DJGPP. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Debugging programs
    ... How can I debug programs that I have created in assembly language (Win32 ... or DOS) fastly? ... There are any debuggers that I can use? ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Vmode question
    ... but who does this DPMI belong to? ... The DPMI (DOS Protected Mode Interface) standard was released in 1990 and it ... The idea of such a DOS Extender is very simple. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Bit Rot (was Re: We are doomed..)
    ... Many graphical programs were written for DOS. ... "un"documented Mode-X as I am to return to a segmented memory model. ... VESA 2.0 in particular added a neat little thing called a flat framebuffer which also required a 32bit dos extender to work, at the same time it added an easy way to access many video modes. ... I could nearly say that to that day it was easier to rewrite Ultima 7 or play it with Dosbox than to get it working in a genuine DOS computer. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)