Re: learning assembly with very basic computer knowledge

On 15 Dec, 14:12, "Nathan Baker"
<nathancba...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"James Harris" <james.harri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

 http://codewiki.wikispaces.com/linux_stdout.nasm

It might be wiser to direct the reader to download & install the latest
distribution from the NASM site.  The last time I check, the copy in the
Debian/Ubuntu repo { what you get when you do a "sudo apt-get install
nasm" } is an old, broken version that newbies should not have to contend
with.

I've split off Nasm instructions to a separate page and allowed for
both options.

Can you remember what was broken about the Nasm version you saw and
roughly how long ago that was?

James

  • Re: ELF loading
    ... download and install games. ... Where does Joe find the hex editor in Windows? ... Sounds like a configuration file for XEmacs, to cause it to do Nasm-compatible syntax highlighting. ... Maybe includes a macro to cause XEmacs to run Nasm on the current file And a hex editor... ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Flaw in install script for nasm v0.98.39?
    ... sourceforge.net and tried to compile it. ... install script and then manully copied the files written to them to the ... I want to bring these potential problems to the notice of the NASM ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Help installing "nasm"
    ... I?m trying to install the Netwide Assembler (nasm) in such a way: ... => Couldn?t fetch it? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: learning assembly with very basic computer knowledge
    ... It might be wiser to direct the reader to download & install the latest ... distribution from the NASM site. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)