Re: Hardcoded insert string for the event messages

On Friday, February 4, 2011 12:02:36 AM UTC-6, Tim Roberts wrote:
I guess that depends on your definition. ASCII, by definition, consists
only of the first 128 characters. Those characters DO all convert to
Unicode through simple sign-extension.

Yeah. Defining the ASCII character set as being only the lower 128 characters is kind of like defining text strings by default as "char" variables in C, which is equally senseless in practice, isn't it? There is a full range of ASCII plus extended ASCII within the standard 8-bit byte ... why not always go there?

- Rick C. Hodgin

  • Re: Help with MID Function?
    ... I went to Google Groups, found this thread, copied the formula into a cell ... Microsoft Excel MVP ... Rick ... I need to capture a string of numeric characters plus ...
  • Re: Speech
    ... Unless you really want to make your characters ... "Rick, when Bek and I were in Australia, we noticed that...." ... 'Rick said' or 'Johnny said' or use a bit of stage business as a speech attribution. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: separate text into two columns
    ... either text is in a cell or a formula is in a cell, but you can't have both there. ... You indicated that you wanted to split a line if it was more than 25 characters long, but then you gave this example... ... Rick (MVP - Excel) ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: GL thurs- SORAS
    ... Donna B wrote: ... Philip had more recently left Harley for Beth & Boink Baby Jim. ... with Rick and Mel having been married for at least 14 years, ... years wouldn't wreak havoc on the existing characters like this does. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)