Re: How to make C look like C++

From: Josh Sebastian (curien_at_cox.net)
Date: 10/12/03

Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:39:54 -0400

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:25:24 -0400, Fronsac wrote:

> Hi
>> Do you mean writing OO C?
> Yes, I meant writing OO C, sorry for not pointing that out in a simpler way.
> I'm still looking around and I've been on a few web sites, where they talked
> about having function pointers in structs to simulate virtual functions,
> nothing too fancy. Is that it, or there is some big picture I am missing?
>
> Thanks for taking some time to answer this.

Here's the general idea:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1cghiu4hkdgl7dk1s7uo9q97t9joa167pn%404ax.com&oe=UTF-8

Josh

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to make C look like C++
    ... >> Yes, I meant writing OO C, sorry for not pointing that out in a simpler ... >> about having function pointers in structs to simulate virtual functions, ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Optimizing a switch statement
    ... #>> My son is writing a program to move a character. ... you don't want function pointers. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Optimizing a switch statement
    ... >> My son is writing a program to move a character. ... > A better solution is to use a lookup table of function pointers: ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Optimizing a switch statement
    ... #>> My son is writing a program to move a character. ... you don't want function pointers. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Optimizing a switch statement
    ... >> My son is writing a program to move a character. ... > A better solution is to use a lookup table of function pointers: ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)