Re: Nasty code...but please critique it anyway :-)

From: Jerry Coffin (jcoffin_at_taeus.com)
Date: 10/28/03

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:58:43 GMT

In article <b97c86e1.0310280629.745e03df@posting.google.com>,
mango_maniac@yahoo.com says...

[ ... ]

> It's ironic...you focused on "non-important" helper functions that I
> wrote to get input or for text formatting.

This was largely because in those cases the names of the functions made
it fairly clear what they were intended to do, so it didn't take much to
rewrite them. I leave it to you to understand your own encryption
algorithm sufficiently to apply the same principles to it.

[ ... ]

> Anyway...Thanks a bunch for you time and help. I have much to
> learn...and it's really useful to get human feedback rather than the
> only feedback coming from the compiler!!

'tis true: compilers are pretty short on advice about style
(intentionally so, to a large extent).

--
    Later,
    Jerry.