Re: Objects

From: Robert Fortune (catlike1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 11/07/03

Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:42:51 GMT

> Robert Fortune <catlike1@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > You are mistaken. Re-read the review for "Teach Yourself C++ Programming
in
> > 21 Days" by Jesse Liberty. According to the above website it gets a
> > favorable review.
> > There are several titles called "Teach Yourself C++ Programming in 21
Days'.

From: "Steven Dicks" webmaster@accu.org
To: Robert Fortune

Subject: Teach Yourself C++ Programming in 21 Days by Jesse Liberty

Quoting Robert Fortune:
>I found this book excellent! It's too bad your reviewer hasn't kept up with
the current edition (4th) and bases his review on another book by the same
title that is 5 years old!

Quoting Stephen Dicks:
> To which review are you referring? The only reviews of this title on our
site are dated 1996 and 1998, and the 1996 review is quite favourable.

  Our reviewers are currently snowed under with a backlog of books, no doubt
one of which is the 4th edition of this title. Why not join our organization
and help us clear this paper mountain? You'll get more than just a set of
unbiased
book reviews - a group of like minded people discussing C++ and OO
programming at every level.

Best Regards.
Steve Dicks
ACCU Webmaster

Relevant Pages

  • Re: K&R2 Still good?
    ... [This article contains a review of a review about "C Unleashed". ... The C Programming Language Second Edition by Kernighan and Ritchie ... only one short chapter on C99. ... different languages because we think in different ways. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: What is code review? (Java code review)
    ... Nobody likes his code to be found has "error". ... Even they found that bug, ... Pair programming makes this a bit easier, ... development is), but if the code you review is consistently buggy, your ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: LAMP vs Microsoft
    ... see the same mistakes being made over and over and over and over. ... Programming courses teach grammar and syntax. ... Review of that code is ... review process - and possibly only one person to decide yes/no. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: C Unleashed
    ... >your citation of Glassborow's dismissive review was disingenuous, ... >own preference in programming languages). ... Glassborow has a much better opinion about this book than ... Dan Pop ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Review of Murachs C#
    ... programming, .NET, C#, ADO.NET and Visual Studio all rolled into one. ... this one features the 'paired page' format which is something of ... development environment as much as everything else. ... Read the rest of the review here: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)