Re: Objects

From: Robert Fortune (catlike1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 11/07/03

Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:42:51 GMT

> Robert Fortune <catlike1@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > You are mistaken. Re-read the review for "Teach Yourself C++ Programming
in
> > 21 Days" by Jesse Liberty. According to the above website it gets a
> > favorable review.
> > There are several titles called "Teach Yourself C++ Programming in 21
Days'.

From: "Steven Dicks" webmaster@accu.org
To: Robert Fortune

Subject: Teach Yourself C++ Programming in 21 Days by Jesse Liberty

Quoting Robert Fortune:
>I found this book excellent! It's too bad your reviewer hasn't kept up with
the current edition (4th) and bases his review on another book by the same
title that is 5 years old!

Quoting Stephen Dicks:
> To which review are you referring? The only reviews of this title on our
site are dated 1996 and 1998, and the 1996 review is quite favourable.

  Our reviewers are currently snowed under with a backlog of books, no doubt
one of which is the 4th edition of this title. Why not join our organization
and help us clear this paper mountain? You'll get more than just a set of
unbiased
book reviews - a group of like minded people discussing C++ and OO
programming at every level.

Best Regards.
Steve Dicks
ACCU Webmaster