Re: Objects

From: Gene Wirchenko (gwirchenkoEXCEPT_at_CAPITALSwencomine.com)
Date: 11/12/03

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:09:03 GMT

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:30:37 -0500, "jeffc" <nobody@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>"Martijn Lievaart" <m@rtij.nl.removefromhere.invalid> wrote in message

>unlearn.
>> >
>> > Well that doesn't sound right. You might not unlearn it for a few
>years,
>> > but that doesn't mean it actually takes that long. For example, in 50
>years
>> > from now, I won't be a garbage man. That doesn't mean it takes more
>than 50
>> > years to learn how to be a garbage man.
>>
>> I don't follow you. What I mean is that if you are training to be a
>> garbage man, but learn to lift incorrectly, it is actually quite hard to
>> unlearn this wrong lifting technique.
>
>I guess your example just sounded extreme. In my experience, if someone
>learns something for a few months, but learns it wrong, and then it takes
>them a few *years* to learn it right - well, they must not be putting the
>same effort into they did when they first learned it. Anyway, it's not

     You can get phenomonal arguments from someone who has mislearned.
After all, he thinks it is correct. If he did not, he would not have
to unlearn. (No, I am not at all covering where you and he simply
disagree on something.)

     That disagreement takes time to deal with.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko