Help with timing of functions

From: William Jones (hawaiiibuc_at_hawaii.rr.com)
Date: 11/22/03

Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:52:29 GMT

Aloha everyone,
  I'm in an algorithms class and we're studying various sorting algorithms.
what I'd like to do is, using the source code provided by the text book,
provide an analysis of the time elapsed when using an insertion, merge, and
heap sort. What I can't seem to find is the built-in C++ function for
timing the algorithm itself. I think I have to #include<math.h>, but am not
sure. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

William Jones

Relevant Pages

  • Re: P-value from chi-square value: source code
    ... the accuracy being lost by using good algorithms. ... I do not think an algorithm for a chi-squared distribution ... TOMS708 and its code for the cdf of the gamma ... Anyone looking for source code for the gamma distribution should watch ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: Matlab is a closed environment
    ... reproduce a black box no matter how satisfied YOU are with it. ... you'd have a hard time reproducing results using any source code written ... The quality of pulished literature on algorithms ... program behaviour a complying C++ compiler will produce in response ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Is Itos Lemma correct?
    ... Do you have any algorithms? ... Any source code? ... Uses a very accurate approximation of the normal idf due to ... Carlo simulations that led you to believe Ito's lemma was incorrect? ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Evolutionist withholds evidence on Haldanes Dilemma
    ... numerical and stochastic computations are involved. ... numerical algorithms have an accuracy ... computer program should also publish the source code. ...
    (sci.bio.evolution)
  • Re: My my, how time flies ...... its been about "1 hour" -- anyone cracked CryptoSMS yet?
    ... > One always has to assume that the attacker knows everything about the ... > Schneier explained, in his May 2002 Cryptogram, why the principle is ... Schneier's statement does not mention source code. ... algorithms, and you already know the algorithms used by CryptoSMS. ...
    (sci.crypt)