Re: Hashmaps

From: Robert W Hand (rwhand_at_NOSPAMoperamail.com)
Date: 12/05/03

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:39:07 -0500

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:10:01 GMT, "Jon Cosby" <qwerty@abc.net> wrote:

> hash_map <int, string> hm1;
> typedef pair <int, string> str_pair;
>
> hm1.insert(str_pair(1, "Hello"));
>
>crashes, pointing to something in "xhash". Is there a brief tutorial on this
>somewhere?

I am not aware that hash_map is in the C++ Standard. SGI has come
information at

http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/hash_map.html

Dinkum has information about it too, but I cannot get them online at
present. Other vendors who offer it as an extension may also have
documentation papers. Lastly, there are books since it is a common
extension with several different implementations.

--
Best wishes,
Bob

Relevant Pages

  • RfD - Object Extensions
    ... While there is general agreement that Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) ... Forth currently has no standard extension for this. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: RfD - Object Extensions
    ... While there is general agreement that Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) ... Forth currently has no standard extension for this. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Multi precision floating point
    ... language extension. ... the offsetof() macro was provided by the quote that I have included ... The standard library macro defined in, ... compiler accepts a program with a syntax error or a constraint violation, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Source code file names
    ... with .f90 and then using the 2003 syntax seems wrong. ... A lot of language features get introduced gradually that way, ... There was code using f95+TR before the f2003 standard ... So does one suddenly change the extension to .f03 just because ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: scanf doubt
    ... for input is a Windows extension which doesn't work on ... But when the C standard says that something ... It's not an extension, it's undefined behavior. ...
    (comp.lang.c)