Re: Is there a list of exercise?

From: Richard Heathfield (dontmail_at_address.co.uk.invalid)
Date: 12/21/03

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:53:40 +0000 (UTC)

tuglaq wrote:

> Shall start with C...what is the fundamental difference between C and C++.

++

Seriously, though, C is a small, simple, fast, easy-to-learn language. C++
is a larger, more complex, sometimesnotquitesofast, hard-to-learn language.
C++ provides support for many programming paradigms, such as procedural
programming, object-oriented programming, and generic programming. Whilst
all these things are *possible* in C, it only *supports* procedural
programming.

I heartily agree with your decision to start with C. But then I would. You
see, I'm a C bigot. You will encounter plenty of C++ bigots, too, some of
whom are otherwise rather decent people. :-)

--
Richard Heathfield : binary@eton.powernet.co.uk

  • Re: newbie help, choosing language
    ... Joe "Nuke Me Xemu" Foster wrote: ... Well, I'm an integer C bigot, then. ... > language after BASIC was a version of Pascal for the HP 3000, ... I find all kinds of programming difficult in all kinds of languages. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Python and generic programming
    ... > programming adds multi-sorted types control and constraints to ensure ... these people are left unable to explain why Python programs fail to fly ... finally broke me of the strong typing inculcation I received in school; ... Generic programming to me has been the recognition that it can be powerful ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • First CFP: Workshop on Generic Programming (WGP) 2014
    ... CALL FOR PAPERS ... International Conference on Functional Programming ... Generic programming is about making programs more adaptable by making ... using the ACM SIGPLAN style guidelines ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • First CFP: Workshop on Generic Programming (WGP) 2014
    ... CALL FOR PAPERS ... International Conference on Functional Programming ... Generic programming is about making programs more adaptable by making ... using the ACM SIGPLAN style guidelines ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • First CFP: Workshop on Generic Programming (WGP) 2014
    ... CALL FOR PAPERS ... International Conference on Functional Programming ... Generic programming is about making programs more adaptable by making ... using the ACM SIGPLAN style guidelines ...
    (comp.lang.scheme)