Poor style loops?

From: Mark Bruno (yankeesalldaway_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/27/03

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:16:42 -0500

Hey guys, I'm in a class learning C++, and my teacher always criticizes me
for my "poor-style loops." Instead of using a for or while loop, i like to
use for(;;) and break; or continue; manually within the loop. Can someone
explain why this is so bad?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sequence points in subexpressions
    ... (I had such a teacher on my C course. ... until you can come up with an absurd interpretation. ... refer to dinosaur machines must go to Flash Gordon. ... for loop exit is tested before each statement in the for loop. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: sequence points in subexpressions
    ... (I had such a teacher on my C course. ... until you can come up with an absurd interpretation. ... refer to dinosaur machines must go to Flash Gordon. ... for loop exit is tested before each statement in the for loop. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Poor style loops?
    ... Mark Bruno wrote: ... You want it to loop until some condition or other is met. ... make the condition explicit? ... And have some sympathy for your teacher, ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: module load question
    ... > loop, with each iteration the module was called again. ... > that this is part of the memory consumption? ... "A teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Link List questions
    ... Lone Wolf writes: ... How do you break a loop from a looped link list. ... with the email of your teacher, we'll just go ahead and email him ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.programming)