Re: compiled program not running

From: Barry Schwarz (schwarzb_at_deloz.net)
Date: 02/22/04

Date: 22 Feb 2004 16:29:38 GMT

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:09:54 GMT, "Guy .S" <lpq@citenet.net> wrote:

>help
>i compile a small program and run it from within the compiler, it run fine
>i have 3 files, myprogram.exe, myprogram.obj, myprogram.c
>when i exit the compiler and type at the dos prompt myprogram.exe
>i get the message
>this example program can only be run from within the IDE
>what is the IDE?
>thnks, Guy

The IDE is the environment set up for you by your compiler. You need
to read your compiler's documentation for how to build a free standing
program.

<<Remove the del for email>>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Looking for a free basic compiler for DOS
    ... BC for 7.1 had a lot of compiler switchable options, ... NEVER compile from the ide. ... One trivial example: I have a routine declared as: ... were no manuals, just a readme file. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.misc)
  • Re: HPGCC Questions ladies and gentlemen!!!
    ... free compiler to learn C today I would choose MS Visual C++ Express ... ANSI C has been deprecated but it's still there and the IDE ... Create the program with your favourite text editor, call it, say, hello.c ... Project management is nothing exclusive to IDE's -- there are many ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • "Good" versus "bad" IDEs. Re: BlackBox version 1.4 or 1.5Beta?
    ... why I believe the System 3 IDE is superior to TP 3.0. ... I don't want a list of compiler errors [as a demonstration ... > I DO want the first error to be shown immediately/automatically ... TP and Oberon, but I forget how the compiler I used ...
    (comp.lang.oberon)
  • Re: HPGCC Questions ladies and gentlemen!!!
    ... Frank Pittel wrote: ... free compiler to learn C today I would choose MS Visual C++ Express ... ANSI C has been deprecated but it's still there and the IDE ... Create the program with your favourite text editor, call it, say, hello.c ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: Argh!! Wie kann ich den Audio Mixer steuern ?
    ... sicher erst in Zukunft als Fehler erweisen werden. ... Die Maschine macht keine Fehler. ... sondern Sache der verwendeten IDE und des Compilers. ... Ungereimtheiten werden von der IDE und dem Compiler bemängelt. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.vb)