set method in base class

From: moxi (moxi_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/19/04

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:21:02 GMT

I have a set method in my base class that has no return type. In the
client, I am trying to set the value of an array of objects of the derived
class but it isn't working.

Do I have to override the method in the derived class to set this value?

Anyone have any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: set method in base class
    ... But the value of the element in the array is not changed when the array is ... printed by the client. ... There is no set method in the derived class. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: array in javabean and access from jsp
    ... You have an ARRAY named account ... you need a get and set method for the array ... >> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • RE: Using property to access elements of array?
    ... CTestA A1 = new CTestA; ... > I have a question of using 'property' on accessing elements of array. ... > activate something whenever the set method is invoked. ... > I checked indexer but that's not what I want. ...
  • Using property to access elements of array?
    ... I have a question of using 'property' on accessing elements of array. ... is called, the set method is invoked. ... class CTestA ...
  • Re: doubly linked objects
    ... a client simply forgets to call the set method. ... Maybe a static factory which creates both, and make the other constructors private to ensure that clients pass through the static factory, which in turns ensures that the proper set methods are called. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)