Re: C++ books

From: Patrick de Ridder (wantnospam_at_all.here)
Date: 05/17/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:30:32 +0200

The meaning of the words "theory", "model" and "paradigm" in the context of
any theoretical domain is arbitrary, except when you say "theory", "model"
and "paradigm" , as defined by so and so. Bjarne Stroustrup (The Creator of
C++) said, "Except for minor details, C++ is a superset of the C programming
language". Now if you can prove to me that he didn't say so, you will have
made a point. However that would be a bit difficult, because I would fax you
the page on which he said it.

I have moved on to C# and no longer want my C++ books because I feel that C#
is a much more mature and better supported language reference-wise. So I
offered most of my C++ books to anyone interested in the neighbourhood. In
spite of these good intentions, I seem to have pressed a hot button.

Bye,
Patrick.