Re: C++ books

From: Patrick de Ridder (wantnospam_at_all.here)
Date: 05/17/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:30:32 +0200

The meaning of the words "theory", "model" and "paradigm" in the context of
any theoretical domain is arbitrary, except when you say "theory", "model"
and "paradigm" , as defined by so and so. Bjarne Stroustrup (The Creator of
C++) said, "Except for minor details, C++ is a superset of the C programming
language". Now if you can prove to me that he didn't say so, you will have
made a point. However that would be a bit difficult, because I would fax you
the page on which he said it.

I have moved on to C# and no longer want my C++ books because I feel that C#
is a much more mature and better supported language reference-wise. So I
offered most of my C++ books to anyone interested in the neighbourhood. In
spite of these good intentions, I seem to have pressed a hot button.

Bye,
Patrick.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: comparing java & c#
    ... hybrid with C ... text books and he took it very personally. ... bjarnes was the Bjarne Stroustrup. ... political pressure. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Captain Jack - a mans man like Freddie Mercury!
    ... > You ought to read the book The Case For A Creator by Lee Stroebel. ... > Unlike Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, ... I find his books so much more interesting to read ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: DDI character creator
    ... creator to use stuff from shared books, but only the name of the ... to be able to keep the server-side scripts and data files from being ... when you consider that computer folks ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Brain Dead People
    ... You wouldn't want to be listening to the wrong creator, ... They have found in the dead sea scrolls ... stars there are. ... The Bible stands apart from all books in every respect and it is the one ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: DDI character creator
    ... creator to use stuff from shared books, but only the name of the ... race/power/items will be on the sheet, not the detailed description, unless ... A company as big as Wizards isn't going to be able to keep the server-side scripts and data files from being leaked, the same as happened with workprints of many Forgotten Realms books. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)