Re: Assigning a value to a function call?!

From: Francis Glassborow (francis_at_robinton.demon.co.uk)
Date: 07/05/04

Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:33:01 +0100

In article <118880b0.0407041539.75b54564@posting.google.com>, Chris Val
<chrisval@bigpond.com.au> writes
>Both Mike and Francis have the general idea.
>The following pages actually list it as meaning: 'Just Perfect'
>
>http://members.iweb.net.au/~strats/Aussie%20Slang.html
>http://www.southcom.com.au/~seymour/kaufman/ozus/slang/Slang.htm

Well perhaps it is slang in Aussie land but here it has been part of
English for many a year and is listed in my 1972 copy of 'Chambers
Twentieth Century Dictionary' as 'on target, accurate'.

--
Francis Glassborow      ACCU
Author of 'You Can Do It!' see http://www.spellen.org/youcandoit

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New book - limited edition
    ... Gives new meaning to the term "limited". ... Francis A. Miniter ... Yep it's limited to however many fools he can get to buy it. ...
    (rec.collecting.books)
  • Re: Assigning a value to a function call?!
    ... |>>Both Mike and Francis have the general idea. ... We'll have to have a meeting over a tinnie to get ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Very Newbe question.
    ... > Francis Glassborow wrote: ... > I'm not sure I agree with you entirely: I imagine most good C code will ... I suspect that Francis' definition of good code is very different to ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Charter of uk.transport
    ... "francis" wrote in message ... He can't, because he's a thicko, has no proof and well, he's just a dickhead really. ... Mike P ...
    (uk.transport)