Re: $$ private tutoring

From: jeffc (nobody_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:27:56 -0400

"Francis Glassborow" <francis@robinton.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:xl7DnJavfVbBFwTe@robinton.demon.co.uk...
> In article <131020041704185641%dt015a1979@mac.com.invalid>, Alwyn
> <dt015a1979@mac.com.invalid> writes
> >Unfortunately, there's no certification scheme that I know of for
> >teachers of C++. Harvey will have to make his own assessment and hope
> >that he is lucky. If he is not, he can always look for someone else.
>
> And one way will be to check some of what he is taught by asking
> questions here. If what he is being taught greatly conflicts with the
> answers provided by the resident gurus here then he will have reason to
> look for another tutor.

That sounds like a much more intelligent use of this forum in this case.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The origin of "vermilion"
    ... In article news:, Alan Jones ... > Perhaps I was lucky with the boys I taught. ... We had showers, but were seldom left enough time to use them after PE before ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: cg - FYI
    ... |> | The guys upstairs do great work! ... I'm very lucky to be here, ... |> | taught myself this stuff to get off disability and have no degree. ... | Mr. G doesn't strike me as that masochistic. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: cg - FYI
    ... | The guys upstairs do great work! ... I'm very lucky to be here, ... | taught myself this stuff to get off disability and have no degree. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: cg - FYI
    ... | The guys upstairs do great work! ... I'm very lucky to be here, ... | taught myself this stuff to get off disability and have no degree. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Critical Path: Stone Age to Silicon Age in the fewest steps
    ... Howard post 4-28 21:04:44 ... This doesn't accord with what I was taught, ... you'll be lucky to hold on to bows and arrows ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)