Re: A problem about "vector" for c++ beginner

From: Larky Mi (LarkyMi_at_discussions.squaresoft.com)
Date: 10/22/04

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:03:58 +0800

sorry , my used "news.yaako.com" is bad for this group.

I didn't receive other messages until today. And today I change the
"freenews.netfront.net" which is good for receiving this group,but can't
send
messages.From now on I must use both servers for this group.-_-

Thank you for everyone.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:34:17 +1000, in article <<Re: A problem about
"vector" for c++ beginner>>, "Chris \( Val \)" <chrisval@bigpond.com.au>
wrote:

--

>"Tabrez Iqbal" <iqbaltabrez@gmail.com> wrote in message
>| "Chris \( Val \)" <chrisval@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message
>| [snip]
>| >    std::vector<int>::size_type ix( 0 );
>| >    for( ix; ix < ivec.size(); ++ix )
>| >         // ...
>| [snip]
>|
>| why put lone ix there? why not
>| 'for( ; ix < ivec.size(); ++ix)' ? readability??
>
>Yes, imo I think it offers better readability.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New bytecode assembly language to play with
    ... in my lang, I had ... IMO, it's easier from a programmer's point of view to ... which imo hurts readability because it is no longer visually obvious what is ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Variable
    ... >> Whereas IMO, ... be private, so anything that *isn't* private should stand out. ... access modifiers only for those things which are non-private achieves ... default gives me greater readability *and* less typing, ...
  • Re: Using with
    ... performance benefit from using With (and in fact a very slight performance ... With myobject) then repeating the single name is marginally faster ... readability. ... IMO, using With makes it more readable. ...
  • Re: Trouble using wmi StdRegProv
    ... > This script works on 99% of all my servers except a select few. ... > first I thought it was a problem with WMI on those servers since I ... (IMO that's recommanded) ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: New bytecode assembly language to play with
    ... languages can often lack IMO important syntactic cues (or, ... which imo hurts readability because it is no longer visually obvious what is ... actually, in my calculator lang, the above would have been: ...
    (comp.lang.misc)