Re: A little disappointed

From: Anthony Borla (ajborla_at_bigpond.com)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 04:50:22 GMT

"Gary Labowitz" <glabowitz@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:6rOdna6WWd9owzfcRVn-sw@comcast.com...
> "Anthony Borla" <ajborla@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Also, one important reason pointers have been problematic in
> > C and C++ is because pointer misuse often 'brings down the
> > whole house' [i.e. program crashes, core is dumped etc]. It's
> > probably human nature to want to avoid [rather than understand
> > and try to circumvent] practices which lead to such catastrophic
> > events.
> >

> "core" sir? When's the last time you used a 1401? Ah, your
> age is showing (and I suppose mine, too).
>
> Just couldn't resist ::)

Ah, but hopefully with age comes wisdom [or maybe that's just a polite way
of describing the increasing tendency to waffle as one gets older ;) !]

Cheers,

Anthony Borla

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Persia Update: Im a Worry Wort
    ... > what Persia does do. ... she's showing signs of age to be sure. ... She doesn't have much interest in mousies anymore. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: ABC NEWS: Orthodox and sex abuse
    ... rabbi who even at a grand old age, ... IMO, he has been showing signs of - let's ... just say "mental confusion" for years now. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Clause "with and use"
    ... O.K. So I'm showing signs of age. ... carburator on a lawnmower. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Hottest Baby Names of 2012
    ... On 14/07/2012 2:01 AM, LFS wrote: ... Maybe we're showing our age? ... syrup of figs featured frequently in my childhood and it was not ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: B5 actor sighting
    ... and she's showing her age a bit. ... Actually, in between reading ... usenet, I glanced up and saw her. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)