Re: Screen Colour combinations

From: Alwyn (alwyn_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:19:11 GMT

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:02:35 +0000, Rich wrote:

> Sorry if this is OT, but I wondered if some of the Pro's here would mind
> sharing information on best screen colour combinations to use with their
> editors.

I use GNU Emacs, which offers a white background by default, though I'm
sure there's an option to change it somewhere. Emacs offers syntax
highlighting, also known as font-locking, whereby words are displayed in
different colours according to their function. I've used other editors,
like Nedit and Jedit, but I always come back to Emacs when I can, because
it is so versatile.

Alwyn