Re: Screen Colour combinations

From: Alwyn (alwyn_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:19:11 GMT

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:02:35 +0000, Rich wrote:

> Sorry if this is OT, but I wondered if some of the Pro's here would mind
> sharing information on best screen colour combinations to use with their
> editors.

I use GNU Emacs, which offers a white background by default, though I'm
sure there's an option to change it somewhere. Emacs offers syntax
highlighting, also known as font-locking, whereby words are displayed in
different colours according to their function. I've used other editors,
like Nedit and Jedit, but I always come back to Emacs when I can, because
it is so versatile.

Alwyn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Screen Colour combinations
    ... > sharing information on best screen colour combinations to use with their ... > I find it very tiring looking at editors with white backgrounds, ... > seems to glare a lot and after only a couple of hours my eyes feel tired ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: What editor or IDE do you use?
    ... editors, including GNU Emacs.) ... is a wonderful editor, despite its platform snobbery. ... maintenance of GNU Emacs. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Is Lisp good for a starter?
    ... I didn't use emacs for a very long time because it seemed outrageously complex on purpose in order to remain in the domain of some supposed elite. ... editors, and I don't like the Windows editors either. ... field (assuming that the fields are in fixed positions). ... rather than variable length as in sequential files. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... you admitted earlier that emacs provides ... they are binary files. ... notes or whatever all without actually editing very much text. ... editors, or text editors and Photoshop, or something equally stupid. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: OT - Free Linux Newsreader?
    ... won't do odd things to your text without telling you, ... MS-Word serves a different purpose to vi, emacs and other ... some writers use text editors that scramble all text ... contributors are using some un-civil text processors and news readers. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)