Borland Builder C++ v6 or MVC++ ?

From: Mark - KF8RV (kf8rvmark_at_aol.com)
Date: 01/12/05

Date: 12 Jan 2005 22:58:12 GMT

Which compiler to purchase is the question.

My Borland 4.5 C/C++ compiler is old. The personal or student version of
either BBC++ or MVC++ is being investigated for home use. My personal
preference happens to be Borland, which I am not able to purchase wisely due to
a lack of product knowledge. You can bombard me with good suggestions,
including a solid reference book on your compiler of choice.

Thank you.

Mark.

Relevant Pages

  • Borland Builder C++ v.6 or Microsoft Visual C++ ?
    ... Which to purchase is the question. ... My Borland 4.5 C/C++ compiler is old. ... either BBC++ or MVC++ is being investigated for home use. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Borland C and Microsoft Visual C
    ... I'm trying to find out whether Borland C 4.5 and MVC still exist. ... Could I just use the C++ compiler to compile my C ... Thanking you, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: article: "Borland going after services revenue"
    ... >> Win64 compiler, updates to the linux compiler, I would wish they had more ... >> resources working on this. ... > I am not going to be so silly as to predict what Borland will or can do in ... entire ALM/SDO stack from Borland, or the Atlantic stack from Rational, or ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Death of Kylix and migrating towards Java
    ... But it can't beat Delphi's compiler speed! ... app developers on non-Windows platforms. ... It is NOT Delphi. ... > I do agree that Kylix was a very good promise and concept, that Borland ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Delphi - does catastrophe loom ? (long)
    ... I've been buying and using Delphi since Turbo Pascal 5, and think that it is the ... However, I am beginning to think that Borland has made a major mistake going down the .NET path, and that Microsoft will be the beneficiary. ... however, when a 64-bit compiler was first mentioned at Borcon 2002 in Australia, it was targetted solely at Itanium. ... What Borland Marketing does not seem to comprehend is that while the market for an IA-64 compiler was probably several tens or even hundred of units, the market for an AMD64 compiler is in the range 10^4-10^5 units. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)