Q: Example of ANSI Screen Control Code Use?

From: Neil - Salem, MA USA (Neil_at_Salem.Massachusetts.USA)
Date: 03/29/05

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:47:10 -0500

I am so new to C++ that most newbies are experts by comparison. (But
...give me a year and I will hopefully begin to be competent. I have 12
excellent books, recommended by folks on comp.lang.c++.moderated, that I am,
and will be, reading.) That said, forgive my question if it has been asked
and answered before.

Since there is only basic support for screens in C++, how can I create ANSI
color screens using ANSI screen control codes? Can someone direct me to a
good, yet simple, example? I will be running my C++ program in a DOS window
on a Windows XP system. Will I need a driver like ansi.sys?

Thanks,

Neil
Salem, MA USA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: get your widely staring rent at present my shelter
    ... purchasing across a cargo. ... competent. ... surprise you. ... screens. ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing)
  • Re: DOS box settings, behavior.
    ... Have you checked the default settings of the DOS Window by right-clicking on ... the title bar in the DOS Window ... BSOD screens of Windows Past. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • DOS box settings, behavior.
    ... that are set up pretty much alike (same software, hardware, etc.): ... BSOD screens of Windows Past. ... DOS window appears. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)