Re: Safe subset of C?

From: Joona I Palaste (
Date: 12/16/03

Date: 16 Dec 2003 20:59:22 GMT

Alex <> scribbled the following:
> Christian Bau <> wrote:
>> In article <>,
>> Kelsey Bjarnason <> wrote:
>>> Having warnings enabled doesn't cripple C; it just lets you know when
>>> you've done something that probably isn't actually C at all. :)

>> If it isn't C at all you would get an error. If you get a warning, it's
>> most likely perfectly legal C that in some non-obvious way does
>> something entirely different from what you intended.

> AFAIK "diagnostics" need only be output from the compiler,
> not specifically as "errors" or "warnings".

So does this:

"ISO says I have to issue a diagnostic here. So to keep them happy I'll
do so."

qualify as a mandatory diagnostic for a case for which the ISO C
standard mandates one?

/-- Joona Palaste ( ------------- Finland --------\
"To err is human. To really louse things up takes a computer."
   - Anon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: burning DVD failure
    ... Alex, I appreciate your help and information very much. ... I sussessfully burned that iso image with Nero 7 on ... with the script I posted. ...
  • Re: Stand alone recovery console?
    ... Burning the ISO to a CD required ... Alex ... Feinman's ISO Recorder available at ... From then on it was a breeze to get Recovery Console running on the ...
  • Re: Wekk numbers and dates